Marketing attribution software is a critical tool for any business looking to measure the return on investment (ROI) of their marketing campaigns. By tracking the clicks, impressions, and conversions generated by all marketing efforts, businesses can determine which campaigns are most effective and allocate their marketing budget accordingly.
Whether you’re running your own Shopify e-commerce store, using Amazon PPC software to boost your visibility or want to get more clarity on where your SaaS leads are coming from, marketing attribution tools are essential.
There are many different marketing attribution software solutions available, each with its own set of features and benefits. To help you choose the right solution for your business, we have compiled a list of the 12 best marketing attribution software solutions available today.
Want to jump straight to my top picks? Here are my top 5 favorite marketing attribution software solutions below:
What Are the Best Marketing Attribution Software Solutions?
So which are the best Marketing Attribution Software Solutions? Read on as we explore the best ad tracking tools on the market.
Verdict: Best Overall
Hyros is a hyper-accurate tracking solution for businesses that tracks and reports the performance of your ad campaigns. Hyros makes it possible for you to view every step of your customer journey from click to purchase.
Hyros makes it easy to see the performance of all your ads and ad sets by using a Chrome extension that integrates directly with your ad platform of choice. Whether that be TikTok, FaceBook, Google Ads, etc.
They also provide multiple attribution models such as first seen, last click, and scientific.
If you’re serious about optimizing your ad spend in the 2022s and beyond, consider checking out Hyros. Alex Becker and his team have a lot of experience in the industry and have truly set out to create one of the best pieces of marketing attribution software.
- Tracks your customer by ten data points then combines them all for hyper-accurate tracking.
- Helps you to have a clear picture of which ad campaigns are delivering a profit.
- Cut 20-30% of wasted ad spend.
- Calculate your customer’s true lifetime value over some time.
- Identify the true source of every sale in your business.
- Get about 70% more sales than standard ad platform tracking.
- Chrome extension integrates Hyros directly into your ad platform.
The Hyros dashboard is filled with valuable information about your ad campaigns. You’ll likely be spending most of your time in the reporting section of the dashboard where you can see an overview of how well your campaigns are performing.
What I also really like is that you can use their Chrome extension to plot the Hyros data within your ad platform so you can read and analyze it in a way that feels familiar to you.
Hyros is invite-only and their prices aren’t currently disclosed on their website. You need to book a demo to see if you are a good fit for their company and then pricing is then given based on your requirements. Based on what others have said in the marketing community, prices can be fairly steep for Hyros going into the plus $1000/month range.
That being said, Hyros does have a 90-day money-back guarantee so if you don’t make more money with Hyros than you did before, it’s free.
What I Like / Dislike About Hyros
- Optimizes ad platform AI to improve the efficacy of your ads.
- You can download the Hyros Chrome app to integrate tracking directly inside your ad platform.
- 90-day satisfaction guarantee (if you don’t make more money with Hyros, it’s free).
- Alex Becker, the creator, is a successful marketer and knows the space well.
- No pricing details are available on their website.
- Is quite expensive based on what the marketing community has said.
Hyros is a perfect fit for medium to large-scale e-commerce businesses. You can try out the services and get your money back within 90 days if you are dissatisfied.
2. Red Track
Red Track is second on our list of the best ad tracking and conversion attribution software solutions on the market. Red Track is used by companies from over 107 countries so its presence is worldwide.
You can easily track which ads are making sales and cut spending on those that aren’t to quickly improve your ROAS.
Whether you’re a media buyer, affiliate marketer, or marketing agency, Red Track provides the right tools to optimize and analyze in real-time, track your conversions, and share results with team members.
- Advanced tracking and analytics.
- White-labeled reporter/publisher portal.
- Publisher discovery.
- Affiliate tracking.
- Helps you to boost conversion rates.
- API integration with channels.
- CR/EPC/ROI optimization.
Red Track offers plans that cater to affiliates, brands/e-commerce companies, and agencies. You can try any plan free for 14 days to see whether it suits your needs. The following are the price breakdowns for each plan.
- Pro – $83/month
- Advanced – $124/month
- Team – $208/month
- Enterprise – $624/month
- Grow – $124/month
- Scale – $249/month
- Prevail – $624/month
If you’re an agency you can manage client accounts for $99/month.
What I Like / Dislike About Red Track
- You can get a demo or start a free 14-day trial before committing to purchase a plan.
- One-click integration with over 100 networks.
- Clear pricing whether you’re an affiliate, advertiser, or agency.
- No Chrome extension to import data into your ad platform.
- Some users report that there can be a bit of a learning curve to use/integrate it properly.
Red Track is perfect for both individual users and teams/organizations. Take advantage of their competitive prices and their 14-day free trial.
Verdict: Best for Granular Tracking
Attribution helps you to boost growth with unified data, invaluable insights, and smart automation. You can use first-party customer data to ascertain your company’s returns on any digital ad spending.
Attribution helps you to track every dollar that is spent or received and get the truth about conversions, CPA, ROAS, or LTV.
This marketing attribution software is praised for the level of granularity it provides. This can prove to be extremely valuable depending on how complex your sales cycle is and how much data you need in order to make an informed decision on how to deploy ad spend.
- Automated collection of data
- Helps you to boost conversion rates, and in turn, boost revenue.
- Multi-touch attribution to help you boost your marketing ROI.
- Affiliate marketing and tracking.
- Actionable reporting.
- Manage multiple sites.
- Access to the full customer journey.
- Multi-touch attribution software.
Attribution App’s dashboard, while user-friendly, is a little dated in terms of design. This however has no effect on the tracking power Attribution provides. You can do everything from:
- Manipulate your data by channel to view your exact ROI on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Visualize your data with a chart to compare which channels perform the best.
- View your customer’s entire buying journey.
Attribution does not have a pre-defined pricing plan but is available upon request. You’ll need to schedule a demo and a price will be given based on your business’s needs.
What I Like / Dislike About Attribution
- You can view the exact buying journey your customers took.
- Solutions available for both B2C and B2B marketers.
- Machine learning is used to build automated attribution models to better identify conversion sources.
- Not as many integration options as other solutions.
- The dashboard looks dated.
- No clear pricing details.
Attribution is perfect for mid to large-level companies that require lots of granularity in their attribution solution.
4. Triple Whale
Verdict: Best for E-commerce
Triple Whale is a favorite among the e-commerce community for tracking ads, email marketing tool conversions, and overall
If your business primarily focuses on using Shopify and platforms like FaceBook, Klaviyo, TikTok, Pinterest, and Google Adwords, then Triple Whale is probably the perfect marketing attribution software solution for you.
- Track profit.
- Track customer journeys.
- Integrate with all the popular e-commerce platforms.
- Track sales cycles.
- Robust customer profiles.
- Easily view top-performing ads and generate reports to inform future decisions.
- Provides greater insight into your customers’ LTV.
Triple Whale has a large pricing scale that adapts based on the amount of gross revenue your company produces. You can also choose between “Triple Whale” and “Triple Whale + Attribution”, the latter costing more. A quick overview of the lowest and highest plans includes:
- <$1 million in revenue:
- Triple Whale: $100/month
- Triple Whale + Attribution: $300/month
- $15-20 million in revenue:
- Triple Whale: $1,500/month
- Triple Whale + Attribution: $2,000/month
What I Like / Dislike About Triple Whale
- E-commerce focused. So if you’re in e-commerce this is likely the solution for you.
- Multiple levels to pricing.
- Lots of data to help make insightful decisions.
- Not an optimal solution if you do much outside of e-commerce.
- The minimum pricing plan is still fairly high if you want attribution (starts at $300).
Triple Whale is perfect for e-commerce store owners – both big and small.
Verdict: Best for Integrations
Rockerbox centralizes all of your marketing spend and campaigns (paid, digital, online, and offline). They also deduplicate your conversion data and make it more easily understandable and trustworthy sot hat you aren’t seeing duplicate entries for the same conversion.
Using Rockerbox will help you to measure all your marketing tactics and track the customer journey. You can access information about common paths to conversion and much more right at your fingertips.
- Obtain positive ROAS faster.
- Optimize and track channels of your choosing.
- Data collection provides you with marketing analytics that helps you to track the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
- Collects data across multiple channels.
- Boost conversion rates and b2b revenue.
- Interactive modeling.
Rockerbox’s pricing is available upon request so you’ll need to book a demo of the product and then later discuss pricing with a salesperson.
What I Like / Dislike About Rockerbox
- Integrates with over 200 platforms.
- Rockerbox is great for “hard to track” channels like offline marketing.
- Doesn’t offer upfront pricing.
- No free trial.
Rockerbox is great if you use a lot of platforms because it connects with over 200 of them. They also specialize in tracking the ROI offline events like branding efforts and direct mail advertising.
Cometly is another one of our marketing attribution tools that focuses on e-commerce businesses. They’re there to help advertisers get the maximum possible profit from their ads through improved attribution and analytics.
Marketers can scale and track their ad campaigns on Facebook with ease, receive all your data in real-time, and know which ad is generating sales.
- Easy data analysis.
- Accurate ad attribution.
- Integrates directly through the Shopify and FaceBook APIs.
- Helps you to boost conversion rates and increase revenue.
- Accurately track ad spend and save money.
- Easy to set up. You can start tracking in a matter of minutes.
Cometly offers a 14-day free trial and simple pricing that scales with your ad spend. Cometly offers three plans which are either billed monthly or annually. Annual billing gives you a 20% discount.
Plans and pricing:
- Pro – $199 per month
- Company – $349 per month
- Enterprise – $499 per month
What I Like / Dislike About Cometly
- Comes with a 14-day free trial.
- The founders have a lot of experience in the space with over 50m spent on FaceBook ads.
- Server to server connection between Shopify and Facebook.
- Not many integration options available besides Shopify and Clickbank.
- A fairly new company so they don’t have much of a track record yet.
Cometly is perfect for individual Facebook marketers and teams. You can take advantage of the free trial and try it out.
Wicked Reports provides individual users and businesses with clear data tied to all your marketing efforts. Multi-touch revenue attribution models are optimized for e-commerce and you will be able to tell which ads are working and which are not.
Wicked Reports doesn’t offer a ton of integration options although they do offer the primary ones such as FaceBook, TikTok, Klaviyo, Recharge, and more.
- Attribute traffic from platforms like Facebook, Google, Tiktok, and more for higher ROI.
- Valuable tips and insights that you can use to avoid turning off campaigns too early.
- Accurate tracking of the customer journey.
- Accurate revenue attribution across the customer journey to first-party data conversion.
- Cross channel collection of data.
Wicked Reports pricing starts at $597 per month.
What I Like / Dislike About Wicked Reports
- Provides easy to setup 1-minute integrations.
- Detects cold vs warm traffic from Klaviyo.
- Provides 24/5 live support
- Wicked Reports doesn’t give detailed pricing information however they say it starts at $597/month.
- Price is expensive for individual or affiliate marketers.
Wicked Reports is perfect for teams and big organizations.
ThoughtMetric is another marketing attribution and tracking tool that focuses on e-commerce stores. It flawlessly integrates with the largest e-commerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce for easy data collection, ad tracking, and data analysis.
You can use it to easily find out which marketing channels are translating to higher conversion and which ones are not all within the same dashboard.
- Easy to set up; no coding required.
- Easy integration with some of the biggest e-commerce platforms including Facebook, Google Ads, SMSBump, MailChimp, etc.
- Customer journey and ad spend tracking.
- Track the performance of all your marketing tactics in one dashboard.
- Modeling algorithms let you track exactly where your customers are coming from.
- Helps you to boost conversion from social media marketing.
ThoughtMetric pricing starts from $49 per month and the price is dependent on usage. Their pricing is among the most competitive in the marketing attribution software space.
What I Like / Dislike About ThoughtMetric
- Wicked Reports is e-commerce focused so they provide all the major integrations you need.
- Competitive pricing and a 14-day free trial.
- Post-purchase attribution surveys for even clearer data collection.
- If you’re not in e-commerce this likely isn’t the solution for you.
- No Chrome extension to directly integrate data into your ad platform.
ThoughtMetric is perfect for small to medium-sized e-commerce businesses. You can get a price that is tailored to your monthly page view and effortlessly begin tracking your ad spend better.
Segmetrics provides you with clear and easy-to-understand data about where your leads come from and how useful your marketing really is.
Segmetrics also helps you determine the LTC of a customer across your whole funnel so you can see how much your marketing is really worth. With over 75 marketing integrations, you’ll likely be able to connect the tools you’re already using directly into Segmetrics so that you can track incoming and historical data.
- Optimize for revenue at each touchpoint in your marketing funnel.
- Track customer spending over a long period.
- Get valuable insights on which ads are leading to conversions and which are not.
- Audit every metric in the marketing funnel.
- Easily track the performance of all your marketing campaigns.
- Can easily integrate with platforms like Facebook and Google Ads.
- Connect your historical and incoming data.
- UTM and ad web tracking.
Segmetrics offers a 14-day free trial and all annual plans get you 2 months free. The price is a sliding scale based on how many people are in your email service provider. However, the base pricing starts as follows:
- Starter- $175 per month
- Business- $495 per month
- Enterprise- custom pricing
What I Like / Dislike About Segmetrics
- Used by big brands like Copyhackers, Adleaks, Digital Marketer.
- 14-day free trial.
- Over 75+ marketing integrations.
- Dedicated account manager with the business plan
- The price is a sliding scale based on how many email contacts you have so it can get expensive quick.
Segmetrics is a perfect pick for small to medium-sized businesses and bigger organizations. You can take advantage of the 14-day free trial and start tracking.
Anytrack is a real-time conversion data platform that connects all your marketing data with your customer data to make it possible for you to automate your growth and boost conversion rates. Anytrack lets you use all your data signals from your marketing funnels and sends it back to the ad platform’s API to make it possible for you to track more conversions.
With Anytrack you can track everything from lead gen funnels, to e-commerce sales, to addiliate revenue, and more. They connect with many platforms including ad networks, affiliate networks, e-commerce platforms, and apps.
- Helps you to boost conversion rates.
- Real-time ad tracking.
- Increase ROAS automatically.
- Integrate with affiliate and ad networks.
- Track data across multiple channels .
- Leverage every data point that is triggered by your leads and your customers.
- Both online and offline conversions.
- Easy and seamless integrations with e-commerce, apps, and networks that you use every day.
Anytrack offers a 14-day free trial and all annual payments have discounts.
Plans and pricing:
- Basic- $50 per month
- Personal- $150 per month
- Advanced- $300 per month
What I Like / Dislike About Anytrack
- Multiple 1-click integrations.
- 14-day free trial.
- 60+ affiliate networks integrations.
- Some users say that customer service is lacking and can take a while for them to respond.
Anytrack is perfect for single users, teams, and small to medium-sized businesses. You can take advantage of the 14-day free trial and begin testing out the Anytrack platform.
Voluum is the number one tracking software for affiliates. It boasts advanced analytics features and built-in optimization tools. Voluum helps you to track and optimize your advertising with affiliate tracking software that is only used by the best. Voluum integrates seamlessly with other platforms like Google Ads, Facebook, and more.
Voluum uses cookieless tracking so you don’t have to rely on pixels. Instead their software uses server-to-server postbacks so that they can reliably track and identify conversion sources.
- Server-to-server postbacks to get conversion data and differentiate between different types of conversion.
- Spot which ad(s) is giving you more conversions and optimize your campaigns to generate even more conversions.
- Improve your ad performance.
- Track the customer journey at each point of the funnel.
- Lightning-fast reporting that lets you keep track of multiple metrics simultaneously.
- Get customer data in real-time.
- Automate your work.
- Optimize ads for better performance.
What I Like / Dislike About Voluum
- Fair pricing for individuals and businesses.
- The best attribution software for affiliates.
- Features that track, optimize, and automate your campaigns.
- The basic individual plan lacks many of the features you get with the more expensive plan.
- No free trial to test out the software.
Voluum offers three different plans and all plans for individuals and three for businesses.
Plans and pricing:
- Discovery- $89 per month
- Profit- $149 per month
- Grow- $449 per month
- Start-up – $499 per month
- Agency – $999 per month
- Enterprise – $1,999 per month
Voluum is a leader in affiliate marketing tracking and is great for everyone from single affiliates to multi-person agencies.
Madgicx is an advanced, AI-backed omnichannel marketing platform that has creative intelligence. It seamlessly integrates with platforms like Facebook, Google Ads, and more to optimize across all platforms. Madgicx makes it possible for you to automate your ad buying and your account is also optimized continuously.
What really separates Madgicx from other marketing attribution platform solutions is they offer the ability to take your ad buying a step further through the use of designers and AI. You can analyze which ads are working best for your brand and then send a brief to have additional ads creatives from professional designers. You can then use the power of AI to optimize your ad copy and rinse and repeat the process indefinitely.
- AI-powered creative Intelligence.
- Analyze and evaluate the performance of each ad.
- Track conversion rates and the customer journey.
- Automate all your ad buying tasks.
- Helps you to boost your ROAS.
- Have designers create professional ads.
- Offers a mobile advertiser view.
- Offers performance insights that show you all the hidden metrics and help you to make revenue-oriented decisions.
- Tracks ad spend and help you to save money.
What I Like / Dislike About Magicx
- Harnesses the power of AI and professional designers to optimize ad creatives.
- Offers much more than just attribution including automation, creatives, targeting, and essentials.
- Free 7-day trial.
- Some features such as ad creation are only available if you purchase a custom plan for which there is no clear pricing.
- Pricing is based on monthly ad spend so it can get expensive fast.
Madgicx has pricing that is suitable for any advertiser. It also offers a 7-day free trial without having to use your credit card. Madgicx offers a monthly plan, quarterly plan, and annual plan. The pricing starts at $39 per month for the all-in-one plan.
Madgicx is perfect for individual users and teams who want to optimize their creatives as well as improve their attribution efforts.
Why Marketing Attribution Software is More Important Than Ever For Conversion Tracking
Apple released iOS14 in September of 2020, and since then there have been some changes in the way many ad platforms are able to collect and track conversion data.
One such change is that apps now have to request user permission to share tracking data with the app. This can impact the accuracy of data collection and analysis, as well as increase the time it takes to track conversions.
This has greatly impacted the data tracking accuracy of ad platforms such as Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.
Marketers used to be able to make spending decisions based on the data that was collected in the ad platform’s dashboard. However, for the most part, that data is now skewed and unreliable. Marketers must now use manual methods such as integrating UTMs or using an attribution platform (ad tracking software solution_ to track the ROI on the campaigns they are running.
Although Apple has made it much harder to track conversion data, all is not lost and marketers are still able to use conversion tracking software such as the ones mentioned in the article to gather more insight into what’s working and what’s not.
Marketing Attribution Software FAQ
How to Choose the Best Marketing Attribution Software?
Making marketing decisions without attribution software is like shooting in the dark. How can you tell which campaigns are driving results and where to allocate your budget?
The best marketing attribution software takes all the guesswork out of marketing analytics. It connects data from disparate sources (social media, website visits, email campaigns, etc.) to give you a complete view of how each marketing touchpoint contributes to overall sales.
Choosing the right marketing attribution software can be tricky. Here are some factors to consider:
1. Does the software integrate with your other marketing tools?
2. Does it provide detailed insights about all channels, not just digital?
3. Is it easy to use?
4. Is customer support available when needed?
These are just a few of the factors that will help you determine which marketing attribution software is right for you. So take your time and research your options before making a decision.
Can You Track Ads?
Yes, marketing attribution software can help track the ads you’re running and how successful they are. This information can help you make better decisions about where to allocate your marketing budget in order to get the best return on investment for your top marketing campaigns.
Knowing where your marketing budget is allocated and what benefits it has in terms of return on ad spend (ROAS) can help you make marketing decisions that align with company goals. For instance, if marketing attribution software shows that a certain referrer provides the lowest ROAS, then marketing attribution software can help marketing managers know to focus more marketing budget on other marketing channels.
What Is the Purpose of Ad Tracking?
Ad tracking is used to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by attributing marketing efforts to desired outcomes, such as sales or website visits. It can help marketers determine where to allocate their marketing budget for the best results. Ad tracking software can also help identify fraudulent activity, such as click fraud.
What Is a Marketing Attribution Tool?
A marketing attribution tool is a piece of software that helps track the ROI of marketing campaigns by assigning values to each interaction a customer has with a brand. This can include interactions such as clicking on an ad, visiting a website, filling out a form, or making a purchase. A marketing attribution tool allows businesses to see which marketing campaigns are driving the most revenue and ROI so they can allocate their budget accordingly.
Why Do You Need Marketing Attribution?
You need marketing attribution to measure marketing ROI, marketing efficiency, and marketing effectiveness.
Marketers know all too well the challenges of measuring marketing effectiveness. Without accurate and fair measurement, marketers are often left guessing how effective their campaigns were in terms of ROI or leads generated.
For example, a company might experience a drop in campaign traffic after purchasing remarketing ads on Facebook but be unable to prove that this drop corresponded with an increase in traffic from different channels; as such there is no way for them to know if the changes they made actually improved marketing performance or not!
Marketing attribution is the process by which you can tie together data from multiple sources and use it to analyze trends within your marketing strategy over time to improve performance and reduce costs.
How to Properly Track Facebook Ad Conversions?
There are a few different ways to track Facebook ad conversions. One method is to use Facebook’s built-in conversion pixel and server-side integration. These methods allow you to track people who have visited your website after clicking on one of your ads but are by no means perfect at tracking all the data properly.
You can also use a third-party marketing attribution software solution to help you better track your Facebook ad conversions like the ones listed in this article. These solutions allow you to not only track Facebook conversions but also conversions from other marketing channels, such as Google Ads and TikTok. By using a marketing attribution software solution, you can get a more accurate picture of which marketing channels are producing the best results for your business.
So, which marketing attribution software do you plan on trying? Hopefully, this article has helped you narrow down your choices and given you a little more insight into what’s available. Keep in mind that the best solution for your business will depend on its size, budget, and specific needs.
But whichever platform you choose, make sure to track your ad ROI so you can continue to invest in the marketing tactics and channels that are bringing in the most revenue.