In this article, we’ll be exploring the best SMS marketing platforms and software services.
The world of mobile marketing is ever-changing as new technologies come out every year. The industry has evolved from a one-way communication medium to an interactive and engaging channel for brands to connect with their audiences. Mobile apps provide companies with the opportunity to use GPS tracking to send customers targeted ads and coupons while they’re out and about.
Apart from apps, there are other ways to reach out to mobile users, such as SMS marketing. SMS (short message service) is the process of sending text messages between cell phones. It’s an effective way to reach people because almost everyone has a phone and checks it regularly.
According to Slicktext, 5 billion people send and receive text messages, which is about 65% of the population.
SMS marketing can be a great way to connect with your customers. Here are 13 of the best SMS marketing platforms and software services.
What Is The Best SMS Marketing Platform and Software Service?
Here is my list of the top 13 best SMS marketing platforms and software services.
Mobile Text Alerts is an SMS service platform that helps to boost customer service. You can easily send reminders, messages, discounts, updates, and more to your customers with minimal hassle. Mobile Text Alerts is a popular messaging platform and it is trusted by over 20,000 companies.
- Helps you to send meeting reminders to employees and other included parties
- Send messages to customers or employees
- Send staff commendations via SMS messaging
- Participate in two-way conversations and set up automated responses so that you never need to stay glued to your screen
- Generate a mass text message announcing discounts, special offers, and more to help boost sales
- Get top-tier customer care in case you have any queries
- Cloud based SMS software
- Receive excellent customer support
Mobile Text Alerts come with a simple pricing system that offers a discount of up to 25% for annual plans. Available packages are as follows:
- Standard- $48 per month (annual plan)
- Standard- $59 per month ( monthly plan)
You only need to pay for outgoing messages, all inbound messages are free. You can also purchase more messages at $0.04 per message when needed.
2. Text Magic
Text Magic is perfect for a medium or small business. It gives you the ability to create personalized text campaigns that you can send to your customer base in its entirety. Text magic helps you to boost your customer service and productivity with its marketing software. You can communicate with your customer base, send notifications, reminders, and SMS marketing campaigns at any time from anywhere in the world.
- Allows you to send mass texts to more than 190 countries via SMS MMS messaging
- Easily convert any email to text messages and send them to any mobile phone
- Text directly from the app by taking steps to integrate SMS API with your business
- Compatible with both a PC and a Mac desktop
- Features a two-way SMS MMS chat that lets you send and receive text messages instantly from your customers
- Features SMS distribution lists that allow you to forward critical emails in text form
- Offers excellent customer support and email marketing
- Offers detailed reporting and analytics
Text Magic has no hidden fees and you only need to pay for outgoing messages. All inbound messages are free. The price is $0.04 per text and you can use the pricing calculator to get an exact quotation for the number of messages you need to send. You also have access to a 30-day free trial and free credit with no obligations.
Simple Texting is an all-in-one text messaging service that makes it easy for you to engage with customers and send SMS marketing campaigns in bulk for better sales. Simple Texting helps you to reach more people and build an audience that you can easily interact with.
- Allows you to send a text message to multiple people at once or only send chosen segments
- The texts can include media and you also have the ability to track how many clicks you have on your links.
- You can have a two-way conversation in real-time with people from around the world
- You also have the option to import your contacts or you can use features like customizable sign-up widgets to collect numbers without wasting time.
- You can also do mass texting and send announcements and more to multiple contacts
- Cloud based SMS software
- Conduct bulk SMS marketing and send messages to customers
Pricing is competitive and an annual plan can get you up to 20% off. You can also use credits to send SMS and MMS messages with each SMS going for one credit each. A monthly subscription goes for $49 per month.
4. EZ Texting
EZ Texting is a top SMS marketing service that allows you to streamline all your communication with your customers using just one platform. EZ Texting is the best SMS marketing software and it is easy to use. This software is a powerful marketing tool that lets you send bulk SMS to your customers and it is suitable for businesses of all sizes.
- EZ Texting allows you to have one on one conversations with customers
- Offers e-commerce integrations with some of the best apps that include Shopify and Square
- Helps you to expand your lists faster and send messages at lightning speeds
- Carry out SMS campaigns and boost brand awareness with a short vanity number
- Comes equipped with an image editor and more than 20 million Shutterstock images
- Conduct well planned SMS marketing campaigns
- Allows for mass texting
- Offers excellent customer support
- Integrate with Facebook messenger
EZ Texting Pricing is simple and affordable and EZ texting offers flexible plans that are suitable for everyone. Packages offered:
- Value- $19/month
- Essentials- $29/ month
- Premium- $49/month
- Custom- $299/month
EZ Texting offers up to a 20% discount if you purchase the annual plan.
Podium is an SMS marketing tool that offers convenience. All your messages from different applications like Google, SMS, Facebook, and more will be combined and you can access them using a single platform. Podium allows you to conduct bulk SMS marketing and increase brand awareness. Mobile marketing using the Podium SMS service becomes easier and hassle-free.
- Allows you to choose and customize your own template. You can also pick from the options that are ready to send
- You can keep the conversation going and send automated messages to customers whenever you are not available
- Manage conversations and easily see which messages require your attention
- Declutter your inbox, filter conversations, and assign conversations to different employees to properly distribute the workload
- Offers both mobile and desktop apps that allow you to send marketing messages and chat on the go.
- Boost marketing strategies and send mass text messages
Podium offers simple plans and pricing that caters to businesses of all sizes. Packages offered:
- Standard- $449/month (most popular)
- Essentials- $189/ month
- Professional- $649/month
Podium also offers a free trial.
Textedly is a text message marketing service/ text messaging service that is suitable for every business. Textedly features powerful software that makes it possible for you to send large-scale mass text messages. Textedly offers marketing automation and it is used by companies that include Walmart, FedEx, eBay, and more.
- Allows you to send mass group text messages that include photos
- Send announcements, promos, discounts, and more with ease
- Get a phone number of your choice and send messages and track them
- The free inbox solution lets you interact with customers in real-time
- Bulk upload contacts in just a simple process
If you purchase the annual plan, you can get up to 20% off. Textedly offers multiple plans that you can choose from with competitive pricing. Packages offered include:
- Starter- free 14-day free trial
- Bronze- $24/month
- Plus- $39/month
- Enterprise- $50/month
- Elite- $70/month
- Business- $140/month
- Silver- $210/month
- Premium- $350/month
- Pro- $500/ month
Textedly offers a free 14-day trial with no credit card required.
SMSBump was designed with e-commerce businesses in mind. It offers an easy way for businesses to organize texts and communicate effectively with customers via scheduled messaging and auto-replies.
- Available on a variety of eCommerce platforms that include Shopify, Woo Commerce, and more
- Helps you to grow your business through SMS marketing
- Sending SMS messages is easy and lightning-fast
- Helps you to boost your marketing strategy and increase brand awareness
- Send announcements, promos, and more
SMSBump gives you the option to start for free. Packages offered and pricing:
- Growth- $19/month
- Prime- $59/month
- Powerhouse- $199/month
- Enterprise- custom pricing
Use SMS and increase brand recognition by sending messages directly to your customers. Slick Text makes it possible for you to send bulk texts from anywhere in the world and the software is also compatible with all your devices, which makes it efficient.
- Compatible with all your devices
- Slick Text has no contracts or hidden fees. You can upgrade or cancel your subscription anytime without any hassle
- Helps you to use SMS marketing to boost traffic to your business and increase brand recognition
- Get excellent customer service if you have any queries
- Send notifications, discounts, and more in bulk.
- Use SMS marketing tool and conduct marketing campaigns and SMS campaigns to boost sales
- Tap into marketing automation
- Integrate seamlessly with Facebook messenger
Slick Text offers a 14-day free trial and there is no credit card required. Packages and pricing:
- Basic- $29/month
- The step up- $49/month
- The Lil Bro- $79/month
- The Big Bro- $139/month
- The Boss- $189/month
TextMarks is the best mass text messaging service for your business. It offers an easy way to send bulk messages to multiple contacts without breaking the bank. It offers lightning-fast messaging and helps you to grow your business via text marketing.
- Send a large number of messages all at the same time
- Direct more traffic to your business and engage with your customers via SMS marketing
- Instant responses
- Helps you to build up your mobile database of leads and contact names
- Make announcements, announce discounts, and more
- Tap into marketing automation
- Offers top-tier customer support
- Use the SMS marketing tool to boost sales
TextMarks gives you the flexibility you need to select the plan that best suits your business. Packages and pricing:
- Gold- $219/month
- Platinum- $549/month
- Enterprise- $1,099/month
Twilio is one of the best mass texting messaging services. It facilitates personalized interactions so that you can easily communicate with your customers. Twilio helps you to boost customer experience and boost customer retention by giving you the tools for instantaneous and excellent communication.
- A marketing tool that helps you to interact with your customers at every stage of the customer journey
- You can also interact with customers using their preferred channels from anywhere in the world and at any time
- Helps you to create flexible workflows
- Use SMS marketing to boost traffic to your business
- Get all the marketing tools and use SMS messaging to boost traffic to your business
- Make use of live chat and converse with customers
- Boost marketing campaigns with the cloud based SMS marketing service
Twilio offers simple pricing and you can pay as you go based on the destination and type of message being sent. Pricing is assigned per country.
Salesmsg is a simple to use, scalable, two-way business texting and calling SMS marketing platform. It gives you a simple way to send and receive messages in bulk and you can also have one-on-one conversations with customers or employees. Salesmsg offers flexible pricing and it is compatible with all your devices so you can easily send bulk SMSes while you are on the go from anywhere in the world. It is trusted by companies that include Comcast, CrossFit, and more.
- Allows you to send and receive texts online and at lightning-fast speeds
- Compatible with all of your devices so that you can send and receive messages even on your mobile phone
- Easily create a contact list
- Offers two-way texting which allows for faster engagements with your customers
- Live chat and communicate with customers in a way that they prefer
- Text from a local phone number and text using toll free, landline, and shortcodes.
- Cloud based SMS marketing service
Salesmsg offers a 14-day free trial.
Packages and pricing:
Packages start from $25 per month and they are usage-based.
ClickSend makes it easy for businesses to communicate with their customers and staff. This SMS marketing platform is scalable and will help you to boost your business marketing strategy and boost your sales.
- Allows you to send and receive SMSes globally and it is also compatible with all of your devices
- Send and receive MMS globally
- Use messaging apps to create rich multimedia messages and send them to your customers or employees in bulk.
- Experience the text-to-speech that works globally
- Use a real cloud printer to print, fold, and mail documents in a more secure manner
- Send and receive faxes globally
- Text using toll free and shortcodes
- Receive excellent customer support
- Get all the marketing tools to boost your marketing strategies
- Tap into mobile marketing campaigns
Inbound messages are always free and the pricing depends heavily on usage.
Klaviyo is a data-driven marketing platform that helps you boost the customer experience and boost customer retention. It helps you to communicate with your customers by allowing you to send well-timed messages in bulk. This platform is easy to use and it is suitable for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Make announcements, send promos and marketing messages, and boost marketing strategies with ease
- Send messages to your customers in bulk and boost your SMS marketing
- Create visually appealing email campaigns
- Deliver personalized messages to your customers exactly when they need them
- Build multi-channel experiences for your customers.
- Pay as you go according to usage.
Klaviyo is perfect for a small business and it offers flexible pricing that you can choose from. There are no annual contracts or hidden fees and you only need to pay for email contacts and messages that you need. You also have the option to start free of charge.
What Is SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing is a type of marketing that uses text messages to promoted products or services. It is a relatively new form of marketing, but it is growing in popularity because it is a very effective way to reach customers.
With SMS marketing, businesses can send text messages to customers who have opted-in to receive them. The messages can promote products or services, announce sales or promotions, or provide helpful information such as store hours or directions.
SMS marketing is a great way to connect with customers because most people always have their phones with them. In addition, text messages are read more often than emails, so they are an ideal way to reach customers quickly and easily.
There are a number of benefits to using SMS marketing, including:
- Reach a large audience with minimal effort – text messages have a high open rate, meaning that most people will read your message.
- Can be used to send out time-sensitive alerts, such as urgent sale announcements or low inventory alerts.
- Easy to track – you can see how many people have opened and clicked through your messages, as well as what they have purchased.
Best SMS Marketing Platform and Software Services FAQ
Which app is best for SMS marketing?
While there are many different apps available for SMS marketing, Mobile Text Alerts is my top pick. For starters, they offer a wide range of features and flexibility that other apps simply can’t match. With Mobile Text Alerts, businesses can create and send bulk SMS messages, automate text messages based on customer interactions, track the results of their campaigns, and much more.
In addition, Mobile Text Alerts integrates seamlessly with a variety of other software platforms, making it easy to use in conjunction with other marketing tools. Finally, the pricing model offered by Mobile Text Alerts is extremely competitive, making it an affordable option for businesses of all sizes. Taken together, these factors make Mobile Text Alerts the clear choice for anyone looking for the best app for SMS marketing.
What is an SMS marketing platform?
An SMS marketing platform is software that helps businesses send text messages to their customers. These platforms include features such as contact management, automated messages, and reporting. They allow businesses to send mass texts, as well as individualized texts.
You can use an SMS marketing platform to promote sales, send reminder messages, and announcements. There are many different SMS marketing platforms available, and businesses can choose the one that best fits their needs. The important thing is to choose a platform that is reliable and easy to use.
How do I start SMS marketing?
To get started with SMS marketing, businesses first need to compile a list of phone numbers to target. This can be done through opt-ins on website forms, in-store sign-ups, and other methods. Once a list of customers has been assembled, businesses need to create compelling reasons for those customers to opt-in to receiving text messages. Common incentives include discounts, coupons, and early access to sales or new product offerings.
With the opt-in process complete, businesses can then begin developing and sending out SMS campaigns. To maximize results, it is important to personalize messages, send them at optimal times, and track metrics such as deliverability rate and click-through rate.
Is Klaviyo good for SMS?
Klaviyo is an email marketing platform and has relatively recently allowed customers to use its service to send SMS messages. With Klaviyo, you can send automated SMS campaigns, track customer engagement, and segment your contacts. Klaviyo also integrates with a variety of apps and services, making it easy to add SMS to your existing marketing mix. Overall, Klaviyo is a good option for businesses that want to use SMS marketing to reach their customers however, doesn’t offer all of the features that other dedicated SMS marketing platforms do.
Is text marketing legal?
Text marketing is legal in most countries, but there are some restrictions. For example, in the United States, text messages can only be sent to customers who have opted in to receive them. Additionally, all text messages must include a way for customers to opt-out of future messages.
In Canada, there are similar restrictions in place. Text messages can only be sent to customers who have consented to receive them, and businesses must provide a way for customers to opt-out of future messages. These restrictions are designed to protect consumers from being bombarded with unwanted marketing messages. Overall, text marketing is a legal way to reach out to customers, as long as businesses abide by the relevant laws and regulations.
How much does text marketing cost?
The cost of text marketing depends on a number of factors, including the size and location of your target audience, the frequency of messages, and the platforms used for sending and receiving messages.
Generally speaking, businesses can expect to pay between $0.01 and $0.10 per message, with larger audiences and more frequent messages costing more. Additionally, businesses will need to factor in the cost of purchasing a text messaging platform (if they don’t already have one) and the cost of any staff training required to use the system.
When done correctly, text marketing can be an extremely efficient and cost-effective way to reach customers. By taking into account all of the associated costs, businesses can ensure that their text marketing campaigns are both successful and affordable.
Is SMS marketing effective?
SMS marketing can be a very effective way to reach customers with targeted messages. unlike other forms of marketing, SMS allows businesses to reach customers directly on their mobile phones.
This allows for a more personal interaction and allows businesses to track customer engagement. In addition, SMS marketing can be used to send coupons or promotional codes, which can encourage customers to make a purchase.
However, SMS marketing can also be intrusive and may irritate customers if they receive too many messages. As a result, businesses need to carefully consider their target audience and objectives before using SMS marketing.
If you are looking for an SMS marketing platform, any of these 13 platforms would be a great choice. They all have different features and pricing plans, so it is important to find the one that fits your needs. Hopefully, this list has given you a good starting point for finding the right platform for your business. Have you tried any of these platforms? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments below.